Bucks County is roughly an hour and a half from New York City by car and approximately one hour from center city Philadelphia. The area itself has much to offer in the way of festivals and fairs as well as unusual shopping opportunities and historical landmarks.

Walk in the park where George Washington led the Continental Army across the Delaware River in December of 1776, browse the galleries of New Hope or head to a museum in Doylestown.

Historic yet lively, quaint but hip, Bucks County is a wonderful mix of old-world charm and modern style.

 
 


Fonthill is a concrete mansion Henry Mercer began building in 1908 and completed two years later. Modeled to look like a castle, the mansion is now open for tours and provides a peek into his amazing life.

 


Adjacent to the grounds of Fonthill, Mercer’s Moravian Pottery and Tile Works has been designated a National Historic Landmark. The working museum is open daily and tiles are available for sale.

 


The Mercer Museum, a National Historic Landmark, was constructed in 1916. The museum houses folk art, furnishings, tools and other Mercer collections.

 


The James A. Michener Art Museum is home to a large collection of 18th and 19th century American art and sculpture. The museum, a renovated prison, hosts a diverse range of changing exhibits.

 


North of Doylestown, the Pearl S. Buck House can be toured between March and December. The farmhouse, built in 1835, was home to the Nobel Prize winning author for almost forty years.

 


Spread out over 500 acres, the Washington Crossing Historic Park commemorates the site from which General George Washington led the Continental Army across the Delaware River on Christmas night, 1776, on their way to victory over the Hessian troops quartered in Trenton.

 


Established in 1934, Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve displays over 1000 indigenous plants in an all-natural setting. Stop by the visitor’s center to pick up a trail map before walking the well-marked trails through both the wooded and meadow areas.

 


The National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa occupies approximately 170 acres of land. Located on Beacon Hill, overlooking Peace Valley, the Shrine is the perfect place to come and spend time in prayer and reflection. The first monastery in the United States of The Pauline Order—founded in Hungary in the XIII century—was established in Doylestown in 1955.